Whether you’re considering learning martial arts for protection or for competition, you need a good training program to excel. The London Fight Factory, a world renowned mixed martial arts gym, is where beginners to professionals are taught.
What are the areas of mixed martial arts that you can train in at the London Fight Factory?
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) training focuses on ground fighting and grappling. You will need the appropriate apparel for training, which is a two-piece judo-style suit with belt.
- Muay Thai is a combat sport used in Thailand that makes use of clinching techniques and stand-up striking methods. Classes at the London Fight Factory include beginner, intermediate, advanced, or sparring. This is great exercise for conditioning and fitness. Initially you’ll only need a t-shirt and shorts.
- Boxing classes are mixed with students at various levels. You’ll learn to strike and guard as well as how to use your upper body and feet for optimal competition.
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is a full contact combat sport. It’s called MMA because it mixes a blend of Muay Thai, BJJ, boxing, and wrestling techniques for a full range of martial arts. You will require a rash guard or t-shirt and shorts for your first few classes.
- Wrestling isn’t like what you watch on television for entertainment. It is one of the oldest forms of combat. Freestyle wrestling is what is taught at the London Fight Factory. You will how to use your arms, legs, and body to defend and attack your opponent. Wrestling is also considered a great way to get fit.
- Combat Sambo/Sambo for MMA is a new type of training offer at the London Fight Factory. Sambo is an acronym for a style of Russian self-defense called SAMozaschita Bez Orujiya, which translates to self-defense without weapon. It has a big Judo influence mixed with the native Soviet grappling arts. It wasn’t recognized as a sport until as recently as 1938.
- Strength & Conditioning classes are used to help students enhance their flexibility as well as help them become stronger, faster, and boost their body’s endurance. These lessons are good for anyone who wants to fast track their way to better fitness.
These are the types of martial arts training styles you can expect from the London Fight Factory. Even if you’re a beginner, you can learn to defend yourself better, get fit and strong, or excel and compete. If you’re already advanced in these martial arts methods, you can get some practice, hone your skills, strengthen your body and stamina, and you might even learn something new. If you’re unsure whether or not to take a class, you can ask about their trial classes that allow you to try it before you take it.